Here I am

Yesterday was my first day off in ages and after two days working 16 hours in a row. I guess I felt weird for having nothing to do, and suddenly I decided to make a blog in English. I have a Portuguese one, but not all of my friends understand it, and my boyfriend is still learning portuguese, so why not write things that they can understand?

In here I’ll translate the posts from my Portuguese blog. Mostly, I talk about books, sometimes music or movies, and share my ideas/opinions. I also share the strange things that happen to me sometimes, and show you the pictures I take when I go to a new/old place.

And, for those who don't know me, I'll write about things I that happened to me in the past, and that I wrote before on my portuguese blog.

About me, what’s important to know? I’m a nurse, I work at a hospital near my house, I’m Portuguese and currently I live in Lisbon. 
I love to travel, inside and outside my country. In the end of 2010 and beginning of 2011 I was in an exchange student program, and I lived in Brussels with a friend of mine for about four months. If I loved to travel before that, since that time I love it even more.

Favourite movies, probably Into the Wild; Big Fish; Donnie Darko; Amélie aka Le fabuleux destin d'Amélia Poulain; Dead Poets Society; and A Clockwork Orange. But there are a lot of movies I like, these are probably the ones I saw more times.

Favourite music… that’s a difficult one. I like reggae, some rock, some pop, chill out, trance, electronic… it depends on how I fell. Reggae is probably my favourite style.

Favourite authors: OSHO, Edgar Allan Poe, Hermann Hesse, Fernando Pessoa and Eckhart Tolle.

Favourite places in Portugal: Sintra, Bairro Alto, Baixa-Chiado, in Lisbon... I'll write about those later. And I love Burgau, in the Algarve, not necessarily  because of the place, but because of my friends there and the good memories and good moments.

And that's all for now, or this post will be so big that no one, not even my best friends, will read it!

Labels: