Sintra, land of poets

 Today I'm showing you some pictures I took on my last trip to Sintra, one of my favorite places in Portugal.
If you come to Portugal some day and if you have a chance, you really need to visit this beautiful village. It has a great historical power, if you want there are some websites on the Internet where you can read about it.
What I love the most about Sintra is the feelings I have when I am there. It's mystical, magic, romantic. Lord Byron wrote about it in his poems, like some other of poets and writers, and when I am there I can feel inspired by it's amazing views.


Nature is all around Sintra, wherever you look you can see it, and you can feel it when you breath. Sometimes there's a fog in the village that makes it even more mysterious. 
There are lots of cultural activities you can do there and I can't get tired of visiting the palaces, the castle (Castelo dos Mouros), the monuments. 
Estrada Velha (click for info) is a bar where I go almost every time, and where in can eat and drink for good prices. Lord Byron has a restaurant there with his name, which is really nice too (click here to see).



There are lots of places where you can eat good food for good prices. You can try some of the traditional food, meat or fish and you really (really!) have to try queijadas de sintra and travesseiros de sintra... sweet and really tasty! You can feel the smell of it when you get to Piriquita coffeehouse and I feel like I can't resist it no matter how much I tried (but I really don't want to try resisting :p ). Click the name of each pastry and the coffeehouse to read about it.

I really love Sintra. Whenever a friend from other country comes to Lisbon, I do the best I can to take him/her there.

Someone I know said it's like a realistic Disneyland. I am not sure of this, but I know I always have lots of fun there, and it's undoubtedly one of the most beautiful and magical places I've seen. It's simply amazing.

You really show try to find information on the Internet about it. It's really worth it.I wish this pictures could show half of what Sintra really is, but this is one of those places where you need to go to understand what I mean.

 You have to feel it, you have to live it!

If any of you have been in Sintra before, leave your opinion in the comments if you want. Or you can comment if you heard about Sintra before too. It's always good to share opinions.

I hope you like the pictures :)

-- LadyBug





Labels: ,