Little Bee, Chris Cleave - my review

Click the image for more info

Overview (from Barnes & Noble)

WE DON'T WANT TO TELL YOU TOO MUCH ABOUT THIS BOOK.
It is a truly special story and we don't want to spoil it.
Nevertheless, you need to know something, so we will just say this:
It is extremely funny, but the African beach scene is horrific.
The story starts there, but the book doesn't.
And it's what happens afterward that is most important.
Once you have read it, you'll want to tell everyone about it. When you do, please don't tell them what happens either. The magic is in how it unfolds.

Product Details (From Barnes & Noble)


Click here for Goodreads
Click here for Barnes & Noble

My opinion:

I completely agree with the Barnes & Noble overview. The best thing to do is not to tell too much about this book. It can ruin it's magic.
I really want to tell everyone about it. I read it last year, during the 2011 summer, and I still feel that excitment I felt when I finished reading.
It's amazingly beautiful. One of those books that I love so much that can move the readers emotions, making cry, laugh, feel sorry, worry... You almost feel the characters (specially the main character, in this particular book) are real.
In my opinion, Little Bee is one of the best books I've read.
I highly recommend it. When someone asks me about a good book to read, I often tell people about this one, and all I hear when they finish it is that it was a good choice.
The writing is easy, fluid.
If you didn't read it, then do.
I can't tell you more.

My rating
(and I think that this is the first time I give):

Labels: ,