A Gift From Tiffany’s by Melissa Hill - my review

Click the image for more info
Overview (from Goodreads):
Doesn’t every girl dream of getting… something from Tiffany’s?

On 5th Avenue in New York City, two very different men are shopping for gifts for the women they love.

Gary is buying his girlfriend Rachel a charm bracelet. Partly to thank her for paying for their holiday-of-a-lifetime to New York. But mainly because he’s left his shopping far too late.

Whereas Ethan’s looking for something a little more special – an engagement ring for the first woman to have made him happy since he lost the love of his life.

But when the two men’s shopping bags get confused, and Rachel somehow ends up with Ethan’s ring, the couples’ lives become intertwined.

As Ethan tries to reunite the ring with the woman it was actually intended for, he discovers this isn’t that easy. Does fate have other ideas for the couples? Or is there simply a bit of Tiffany’s magic in the air…



Product Details (from Barnes & Noble):


Click here to Goodreads
Click here to Barnes & Noble

My opinion:
It took me longer than usual to read this book. I'm not saying I didn't like it; I think the story is really good, as well as the way it's written. The story line is interesting, and the characters are, in my opinion, well developed, and that was why I kept reading it. The book is very girly and a little bit predictable in some points.
I think that the plot is a little bit loose. Too many pages for a story that, I think, could be written in less. Maybe that's just me, but sometimes I was looking at the pages but I wasn't reading what was written anymore, because there was no action and all the twists only started at the very end... and from the moment the twists start everything is too fast and ends up soon. The author sure knows how to spin the story, which a very good thing about this book.
Nevertheless, and even if it's not the most original story and the best book of this genre, I think it's a very romantic story. I don't know why but I think I was expecting more. I was almost sure there was something else behind the story, and I think that this beautiful story could have been written focusing other aspects that for me were more important.
And a big positive point about this book for me is that even with all the characters involved, when I finished reading it I felt I knew all of them; and maybe the number of pages and the lack of action can justify this fact: we get to know the characters by what they say, what they think, what other characters think about them.
My favorite character was Daisy, Ethan's daughter, who gives a little bit fantasy and magic to this story.
In general I liked it. It was a fun reading most of the time, and I loved the ending. It is a good winter reading.

My rating:

Labels: ,