A Happy Accident by Evan Tyler - My review



             *A copy of this book was sent to me by the author for an honest opinion*


Overview (via Goodreads):


A Story Inspired by Steven Tyler: The first book in a three-part series



It happened by accident, a lottery of events…
In 1988, a blind seven-year-old lay in a hospital room longing for her mother, unaware that eight years earlier a chance encounter occurred that would shape her life.
American musician Bobby Carter moved to Manchester, England with one objective—to become a major player in the postpunk scene of the late Seventies. His quest for stardom steers him in the direction of Kindle Hyrum, whose feistiness is only exceeded by her raw beauty. Though Bobby’s steady pursuit trumps Kindle’s cheeky resistance—sweeping them into present bliss—past secrets, new temptations, and a series of hapless and happy accidents will determine their future...and the future of a blind child.
Set to the lyrical soundtrack of the 60s and 70s, A Happy Accident is a story of love and choice that transcends the ages



Product details (via Goodreads):

Papperback:
284 pages
Published December 3rd 2012
ISBN: 0988446502 (ISBN13: 9780988446502)
Edition language: English
Original title: A Happy Accident

Kindle Edition:
Published December 3rd 2012 by Amazon Digital Services
ASIN: B00AHER9I0
Edition language: English
Original title: A Happy Accident

About the author:
Evan Tyler is author by day, lead guitarist by night. Having written short stories since third grade in addition to playing violin and guitar, Evan always knew she would find a way to marry her two passions. Thus, her debut novel "A Happy Accident" is a perfect merger of her two loves--music and writing.

Her website: http://eptyler.com/


My opinion:
A Happy Accident is a beautiful book, romantic and perfect for dreamers. A book about love, instincts, family, dreams. And also about choices and sacrifice.

It's wonderfully written and the characters are well developed. The musical references along the story, with names we know so well, are perfect. Kindle and Bobby (a.k.a. Ricky Stallion) are the main characters. In the end I felt like I knew them, like I was reading about two real people. They meet in the end of December 1979 and their life will change with one of Bobby's crazy ideas. 

We see the seasons changing while we follow the main characters' lives, and at the same time we travel to the past and to the future from time to time. All of that makes the book even more interesting. 

The beginning of the book is strong, and only later you can relate the rest of the story to it. It kept me interested from page one. But it kind of confused me for a long time while reading, especially because it talks about a grandfather that I'm not sure I know who he is. But this is only a small detail in the whole story.

Bobby is the lead singer of a punk band called The Dare, that travels from USA to Manchester searching for visibility. He is a dreamer and the type of shy and romantic guy that can rock the house we he is on stage.

Kindle works at one bar where the band plays, and also in the hotel where the are hosted. She had a sad past that, but she became and independent woman who learned how to survive and live by herself.

Their relationship made me laugh and also made me feel sad sometimes. It was wonderful to see them fall in love with each other while time passes by. I absolutely loved them from the beginning. 

I think I expected a different ending. Not better, if you know what I mean. This is the first book of the series, and the ending is the perfect opening of the second book. I can't say it disappointed me, I just thought it would be different, that's all.

I highly recommend it if you like beautiful stories with a little bit of tragic in between the romantic paragraphs.

My rating:

Labels: ,