Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins - my review

It took me so long to write this. I am sorry, Karen. Better late than never. I had so much work and so much to study, so many new things in my life, I had to stop blogging for a while. But I am back now. I am sorry to all my readers as well. I hope you can forgive me for my absence.

Lots of love,

Ladybug



*A copy of the book was provided to me by the author in exchange of an honest opinion* - Thank you again, Karen Ann Hopkins, for the chance you gave me to read and review this

 Click to Goodreads

Product details:
Title: Temptation
Series: Temptation
Author: Karen Ann Hopkins
Goodreads page about the book: click here
Goodreads page about the author: click here
Number of pages: 383
First published: January 1st 2012 by Harlequin Teen
ISBN: 037321054X (ISBN13: 9780373210541)

My opinion:

I simply loved the story. Easy to read but also very intense.

I loved the fact that each chapter alternates from the views of Rose and Noah, the two main characters. We get to know both of them really well: their feelings, their ideas, their beliefs and emotions. Seeing the story from two different perspectives is one of the best things of this book.

As usual, I am going to try to not tell you too much about the story because I don't want to ruin the surprises for you if you read it.

Rose is an English teenager who moves with her family next to an Amish community. Noah is an Amish boy who lives next to her with his family. This books tells us about their forbidden love. As teenagers, their decisions are mostly impulsive, coming straight from the heart, instead of rational. I think the author showed really well the teenagers way of thinking. I think the author did a great job creating these two characters. I loved Rose from the beginning. She is a normal teenager with bothers that can make her life a bit of a hell. 

I don't know much about the Amish culture since we don't speak about it a lot in Portugal and it was very interesting to read the story about an English (non-Amish) family who moves next to an Amish community.

The story as some ups and downs. I found myself worried about that romance, about the feelings of those two teenagers. I think that when you feel this way about a book it is because the author made a really good job.

Yes, it took me too long to post this but it didn't take me long to read and get involved. I think it is a good book for everyone who loves young-adult and romance books. Simply romantic but also very powerful.


My rating:




Labels: ,