The taxi driver who likes radical sports

Some day last week after a hard day of work I took a taxi home because it was raining a lot and I was so tired I just wanted to get home as quickly as possible.
The taxi driver was a man about 35 to 40 years old who really enjoyed having a conversation. For me that's wonderful.
The funny part started when he asked me what I do for a living and I said I'm a nurse working in a orthopedics and trauma unit. As soon as I finished my sentence I saw a big smile growing on his face. "Broken bones, then?" he asked, and even before I could answer he started telling me about his adventures with motorbikes which included many, many accidents with many different broken bones. 
He seemed so excited and happy about sharing all of these experiences that all I could do was smile back and say a short sentence now and then to show him I was listening.
It was nice but after 16 hours of broken bones or post-surgery recovery of broken bones I kind of wanted a different subject on my mind.

Labels: ,