"Gratitude"

Have you have felt thankful for everything you've been through (good or bad), everything you have, what you achieved and who you are?

There are days when my heart is filled with that feeling; the feeling that there are some many reasons to be grateful.
This feeling doesn't exist because I had a good day or because of something specific that happened in a moment. It comes from all my experiences. Even when I felt hurt, my experiences made me who I am today. It comes from the happiness for new knowledge, from a new step on my path that makes me feel more certain of what I want. 
It comes from the great people I meet every day (the people I met before and I those I'll meet in the future); some of them are not in our world anymore, others are still walking by my side (even when far away), and some have decided to walk a separate path. People who left a mark on me for their teachings and the experiences we shared. Even with only brief moments, just a few words, there are so many people who left a mark on my soul.
It comes from my own strength to go on and face every new day with a smile. It comes from the little achievements of the daily life. It comes from those moments when I look back and I realize how much I've grown, how much I've done.
I have so many stories to tell, so many moments that made me feel I was doing exactly what I was supposed to do, so many goals completed; and yet, I have hope and dreams. There's still so much more I want to do and to achieve, so many places I want to go and things to learn, so many people that will cross my path.
I'm not only thankful for being alive: I feel thankful for feeling alive.

Gratitude is a feeling that turns my heart into a bright star. It makes me want to open my arms towards the sky and just smile. It makes me want to run to the top of the world and scream with happiness. It gives me energy. It makes me feel freedom. 

Have you ever felt this way?

Labels: ,