Sintra, my paradise

I know I posted about Sintra already (click here to see) but many of you didn't know my blog yet. You can't imagine how I love this little fantasy corner near Lisbon. It's magic, it gives me inspiration, it makes me feel peace.
Lord Byron wrote once: "I must just observe that the village of Sintra in Estremadura is the most beautiful in the world". I don't know if it's the most beautiful one, but it's definitely on the top 5 list.
Hans Christian Andersen said that Sintra is a true vignette of the Thousand and One Nights, a fairy-tale vision”. That was so long ago but many people still agree with him.
Many things happen in Sintra. It's almost like "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" but different. I'm not going to tell you about that ;) But you can read. Believe me when I say that many of the things you read about Sintra (depending where you read it from) may seem weird or unbelievable but many of it are true.
Sintra as the power of making people happy. Also, people feel they want to explore. The  sense of adventure grows inside each one of us. We go inside the green forest, in the middle of the trees, climbing rocks.
Apart of that, you can see beautiful houses, visit amazing monuments, eat tasty food.
Lisbon is an amazing city but Sintra is special.
Here are some photos taken by me the last time I went there. I hope you enjoy it.


 


























Labels: , ,